Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 2, complete.

Yesterday, when I arrived home from work, I handed Drummer Boy to Mr. Fix It, changed into my Shred clothes and faced Day 2 of Mission Shred and all that is Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred regime. I have to say, for as sore as I was, I managed to keep up well with only a few extra modifications in the exercises. Once again, I was happy for those 20 mins to be over though. Oh, and I should mention that I'm using my lunch hour at work to get out and walk so I'm not stuck sitting behind a desk all day. I'm still pretty sore this morning, and the freezing temperatures don't make getting out of bed any easier.

During the work week, my breakfasts consist of a bottle of water and a cinnamon raisin english muffin. I always bring my lunch (and snacks) with me to work-- they vary, but this week I'm eating Aidells italian style chicken sausage with black beans. For snacks, I always have almonds (Emerald's Smokehouse Almonds are my favorite) and fruit-- yesterday I had a cut-up apple, and today I have fresh berries, strawberries and blueberries. Today I also brought a small Babybel cheese for the late afternoon when my cravings kick in. Last night after dinner I really wanted something sweet, and usually I would have a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch cereal. Instead, I opted for a hot cup of apple cider and I was satisfied. Hope I can keep the 'eat this, not that' initiative alive.

I've been using the Daily Plate app on Livestong.com. After putting in some data, and setting the goal of losing 1lb/week, the application calculated a daily caloric intake goal of 1414 calories. This is a pretty difficult goal, especially if your sugar and carb cravings are as bad as mine. Yesterday I was outside this goal by 28 calories even with my lunchtime walk; however, the application doesn't recognize 30 Day Shred so I'm hoping those awful awesome 20 mins burned enough calories to keep me within the 1414 goal.

Day 3, here we come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment