Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new normal.

I may have just had an epiphany. While I sat on the floor of Drummer Boy's room, willing him to surrender to slumber for an easy 45 minutes, I took the time to reflect on motherhood. I'd like to say that this year, 2012, I will make an effort to do more things for myself, and take more time for myself, but that's not what being a mother is about for me. And it's not an unfortunate thing. Truth is, I find a lot of joy in doing things for my family and for Drummer Boy, and when I'm not with him, I want to be; and that's when I realized, not even Mission Shred is for myself.

My mother is on medication for high blood pressure, and BOTH my parents take pills for high cholesterol. My father is borderline diabetic, and I know there are a slew of other pills they take for ailments beyond my knowledge. I don't want to be them. I want to be around for Drummer Boy for MANY more years and so it's imperative that I find a new normal.

I'm anticipating the hardest part of my new normal will be drastically reducing my sugar consumption. I want a cherry coke or moon pie to be my reward for reaching a goal; however, I expect those items (and similar items) to remain my vices in the beginning. What will really be great, is when I no longer have to transform my cravings into rewards and can instead reward my hard work and dedication with some new sparkly nail polish, make up, or anything from Etsy. Heck, maybe I can channel all that energy from craving bad-for-you food and find my own niche on Etsy. Whoa. I just blew my own mind.

So tomorrow is the big day. I have a 20 minute date with Jillian Michaels and Dr. Oz is whispering food mantras to my psyche.

Oh, and I took my measurements today as scheduled. Here's the gist:
Weight: toooo much
Waist: sticks out further than my boobs
Thighs: rub together
Hips: don't lie.
Arms: too bingo-wingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment