Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3, complete.

I'll be honest. When I came home today, the LAST thing I wanted to do was Shred. I'm very sore from the last few days-- my arms, chest, thighs, and stomach-- yeah, they all hurt. Not to mention it is FREEZING outside! Weather that only promotes coming home, slipping into sweats, and snuggling on the couch with the family. But the skinny girl inside me protested those thoughts: "it's only 20 mins! Just do it and THEN put the sweats on and snuggle!". I listened to her and I'm glad I did! I felt great after the workout today and again, I was surprised at how well I kept up (and how few rest breaks I took) considering how sore I am. When I consider the fact that it's only Day 3, it's easy to feel discouraged.. but I quickly remind myself to take one day at a time. I can do this.

I rewarded my workout today with a hot cup of apple cider. It has a magical way of satisfying those sweet tooth cravings that creep up after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment